One of the most important things a startup can do, is build friendships. I created startupcoffee as a casual and quick way for people to get together and talk about their startup, or ideas they have about startups. Come join us for a startup coffee.
I created 2 twitter accounts for startup coffee, but I am sure there will be more as people start their own startupcoffee(s) in their own communities. I registered http://twitter.com/startupcoffee to announce new startupcoffee(s) as they pop up, and general things of interest to the community. I also registered http://twitter.com/startupcoffeeLA to announce meet ups in the Los Angeles area. I am going to try to do this regularly (2-3 times a week) at various times in the day and in neighborhoods around Los Angeles, so you might want to send device updates to your mobile phone.
If you would like to throw your own startup coffee in Los Angeles, just @ reply me, and I will try to retweet it for you, please allow a few hours for me to catch it an retweet it. If you would like me to do this ASAP, direct message me on twitter @jdavid.
If you would like to run your own startupcoffee in your own city, please follow these guidelines.
- Keep posts limited, so people feel comfortable setting your startupcoffee(city) account to device update so they can get TXT messages when you tweet a new location.
- Keep the meet ups to about 2-3 per week
- Vary the location, so different people can make it, however find a regular spot for a given neighborhood.
- Do not post news articles or links in these feeds, please keep that to your personal twitter account.
- Refer people to twitter.com/startupcoffee for more information about startupcoffee
- In your personal tweets use @startupcoffee(city) instead of a hash tag, its easier to click through and follow the account.
Ok, now let’s have some fun and get to work.